Les Maternelles (3 - 5 years old)
These classes follow a common programme of 2 years (early learning activities, crafts, games, oral expression). Activities are adapted to children’s abilities: mainly oral for the youngest, they encourage drawing and the first steps towards writing for the toddlers. The approach is playful.
- Have enough understanding of French
- Start to speak French a little.
- Main objective: to speak French and develop some confidence (and fun) in the use of the French language
- Develop listening skills, especially simple instructions from the teacher
- Be able to describe its environment with simple words
- Express feelings and emotions
- Enrich everyday life vocabulary as well as physical and emotional feelings
- Understand the usage of numbers to express quantities as well as rankings and position in a list
- Be able to find his/her bearings in time and space
- Learn the classic nursery rhymes and gesture songs in French, in relation to the subject matter.
- Encourage children to socialise in French (team games, group activities)
- Learn to structure their thoughts.
- Apprendre à parler avec des comptines, Maternelle, Editions Retz
- Développer et structurer le langage, PS/MS/GS, Editions Retz
- Le jeu en classe de langues, Techniques et pratiques de classe, CLE International
- L’enseignement aux enfants en classe de langues, Techniques et pratiques de classe, CLE International