Extension to the knowledge acquired at CE1 level regarding grammar, vocabulary, spelling and conjugation.
- Express themselves fluently in French.
- Describe an action, express an idea using an appropriate vocabulary.
- Understand and restate an idea, a text, a story orally.
- Read simple sentences and short texts.
- Distinguish past, present and future tenses.
- In the sentence, identify the subject and the verb.
- Identify masculine / feminine - singular / plural nouns, determiners, adjectives.
- Conjuguate the verbs from the 1st group (-er) at Present tense and verbs être (to be) and avoir (to have).
- Main objective: Complete the basic skills and achieve a good command in oral French:
- Able to reformulate, summarize, tell, describe using a precise and adequate vocabulary.
- Able to speak critically about a subject.
- Debate orally.
- Reading :
- Increase the speed and efficiency of reading by developing student's pleasure of reading.
- Understanding the meaning of a text by reformulating the main points and answering questions about it.
- Consolidate basic grammar:
- Recognition of different types of sentences (affirmative, interrogative, negative).
- Arrangements determiners, nouns and adjectives.
- Consolidate the foundations in spelling:
- Complex sounds (in, im ... / an, en ...).
- Learn to spell common words and some invariable words.
- Write a short text dictation, get used to proofread and correct his/her written text.
- Write alone a short and simple text.
- The verbs faire (to do), aller (to go), dire (to say), venir (to come) at the Present tense.
- The verbs of the first group in the future and imperfect tenses.
METHODS AND BOOKS used
- Comme un livre, CE1, Hachette éducation
- Comme un livre, Cahier d'exercices 2, Hachette éducation
- Bescherelle exercices et dictées, CE1, Hatier
- Lectures silencieuse, CE1, série 2, Hachette éducation
- Mon gros cahier de dictées, CE1-CE2-CM1-CM2, Rue des Ecoles
- Bled, CE1, Hachette éducation