Children will review all previous achievements, fill gaps and extend learning in the four language areas (vocabulary, grammar, spelling, conjugation).
- Excellent knowledge of oral French.
- Know tenses: present, French Compound Past, imperfect.
- Grammatical knowledge: subjects, verbs, adverbs, complement, adjectives.
- Excellent command of reading.
- Good spelling.
- Able to speak critically about a subject.
- Main objective: complete the basic skills and achieve a very good command of oral French.
- Excellent reading skills:
- Fluent at reading
- Be able to understand the meaning of a text, to rephrase it and to answer questions about it.
- Oral command:
- Able to speak critically about a subject and able to argue verbally (as in written).
- Be able to comment on real events, to describe, to explain a process, to justify an answer, to invent and summarize stories, to write a poem.
- Correct spelling (end of level CE2): grasp the grammar rule for special consonants (n becoming m when placed before m, b, p) and double consonants.
- Conjugation :
- Revision of the present and past tenses,
- Learning the following tenses: Future, imperfect, conditional, pluperfect, preterite.
- Grammar :
- Recognize: subjects, verbs, adverbs, complements, Direct and Indirect objects, nominal groups, adjectives.
- Knowledge and appropriate use of declarative, interrogative, exclamatory and imperative sentenses, as well as the affirmative and negative forms.
- Making the difference between active and passive modes.
- Adequate use of punctuation.
METHODS AND BOOKS used
- Comme un livre, CE2, Hachette éducation
- Bescherelle, CE2 Exercices et dictées, Hatier
- Bled, CE2 Grammaire-Orthographe-Conjugaison, Hachette éducation