1 - Registration 2016-2017
REGISTRATION FOR YEAR 2016-17
Thank you for joining Les Crocodiles!
Les Crocodiles is a Charity and our objective is to maintain the highest standards of education, contracting experienced teachers whilst keeping our fees as low as possible. Teachers costs and the rent of the facility are our core costs and the fees below just cover these costs. All members of Les Crocodiles are volunteers, helping the charity during their spare time to ensure we can maintain the highest possible quality of education of the school.
What do I register for?
The following form is to register your child(ren) for French tuition at Les Crocodiles. You must register with Les Crocodiles to be allocated a place in a class for next school year, as explained below.
Les Crocodiles classes are held on Saturday mornings at Baden Powell Primary School, Ferron Road, entrance via Charnock Road, London E5 8DN. Classes are held between 09:45 and 13:30.
>>> For all - regardless of language level
- 1 parent is required to accompany the child during class
- MINIS 1 (age 6 - 24 months): 10:00 - 11:00
- MINIS 2 (2 - 4 yo): 11:15 - 12:15
- New!!! MINIS 3 (age 6 - 30 months): 12:30 - 13:30
>>> FLAM cursus (French as a mother tongue)
- Parents are required to stay within school premises during Maternelles classes
- MATERNELLES 1 (3 - 4 yo): 10:00 - 11:00
- MATERNELLES 2 (4 - 5 yo): 11:15 - 12:15
- GS 1 (5 - 6) : 09:45 - 11:30 (1h30 lesson + 15 min break)
- GS 2 (5 - 6): 11:45 - 13:30 (1h30 lesson + 15 min break)
- CP (6 -7): 10:00 - 12:30 (2-hour lesson + 30 min break)
- CP-CE1 (7-8): 10:00 - 12:30 (2-hour lesson + 30 min break)
- CE1-CE2 (7-8): 10:00 - 12:30 (2-hour lesson + 30 min break)
- CE2-CM1 (8-10) / CM1-CM2 (9-12): 10:00 - 13:00 (2h30 lesson + 30 min break)
Should we have at least 5 children registered, the following classes could be opened:
- Preparation to GCSE / DELF
>>> FLE (French as a Foreign language)
- MATERNELLES 3 FLE (3 - 5 beginners): 12:30 - 13:30
- FLE 1 (5-7): 10:00 - 11:00
- FLE 2 (7+) confirmed: 11:15 - 12:15
- FLE 3 (7+) beginners: 12:30 - 13:30
- School terms
- Number of active weeks: 30 weeks.
Parents and Children General assembly: Saturday 10th September 2016. We will introduce parents and children to their teachers, show you the premises and present you Les Crocodiles, the members and its organisation.
- Term 1: 17 September to 3 December 2016 - 10 sessions
- Term 2: 7 January to 25 March 2017 - 10 sessions
- Term 3: 22 April to 8 July 2017 - 10 sessions
Note that the term dates may vary slightly during the course of the year, should Baden Powell need to carry necessary repairs during school terms.
Duration and prices
- Minis (0 - 4 years old): £6.50 per hour - £65 per term - £195 per year
- Maternelles and FLE: £8 per hour - £80 per term - £240 per year
- GS: £12 for 1h30 - £120 per term - £360 per year
- CP/CP-CE1/CE1-CE2: £15 for 2 hours - £150 per term - £450 per year
- CE2-CM1/CM1-CM2: £18 for 2h30 - £180 per term - £540 per year
- An annual membership fee of £15 per family is applicable
A 1£ discount per session is applied for each sibling, a total discount of £10 per term per sibling.
If you receive State Benefits in the UK, you are entitled to a further discount of 30%. Please let us know in the comments box and we will contact you to obtain proof of entitlement. Your invoice will be adjusted accordingly, once proof of entitlement has been received.
First, you need to fill in the form(s) thoroughly. These information are necessary for administrative and legal reasons. Note that we will use your email and mobile phone to keep you informed. Records related to your child(ren) are legal requirements to ensure safety of your child(ren) during classes. For that reason, all children should be registered, including those already member of Les Crocodiles during 2015 - 2016.
Note that you will not be given the option to choose the class. We will decide of the most appropriate class for your child(ren) according to age, level of understanding of French and history with Les Crocodiles. All children will be evaluated during the first two weeks. If the class is not in line with your child capacities, we will discuss this with you and make the required changes.
The registration process consists in 3 parts: Your details, Emergency contacts, Child registration.
If you wish to register more than one child, you will be able to do so. After having provided your details and registered the first child, you will have the option to click on a link and fill in the second child form. You can register up to 3 children.
Registration is for one year. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for full details.
Once registered, you will receive an invoice within the next 15 days and you will have to proceed to payment within the next 21 days after reception of this invoice. The deadline for payment will be clearly stated on the invoice. If you fail to meet this deadline, places will become vacant and will be proposed to children in our waiting list.
Once your registration is confirmed, we will send you the Photography Consent Form. You will be able to accept or refuse the usage of images and video footage of your child in our communication material.
Invoices are made per term and payment is due in advance and are not refundable. There are 3 terms and all terms amounts are equal. You will have various options to pay for your fees online. You will be able to use Paypal, a credit or a debit card or you can make a bank transfer via GoCardless. We can also set up a monthly standing order on request. We will not charge you for online payment. Les Crocodiles will cover the transaction costs. Note that GoCardless is our preferred mode of payment as it has lower fees for us to pay. All payment options are also indicated on the invoice.